SUCCESS AT WESTERN STATES: Western State’s culture is based on passion for our Vision and VALUES. We are fiercely committed to SAFETY and sending every employee, safely home, every day. We strive for EXCELLENCE in all we do and are proud to be a “play to win” organization. We act with INTEGRITY in each and every decision we make. Our People and TEAMWORK drive a fun and engaging culture. We are ACCOUNTABLE as individuals and as an organization.
JOB SUMMARY: The Rental Sales Representative – Railroad Division is responsible for growing, managing, and sustaining WSECO’s railroad business through machine rental sales. This position requires knowledge and thorough understanding in our client's business in order to implement plans to ensure goals are achieved through appropriate utilization of all WSECO resources. Travel is required on a regular basis in order to administer and monitor these programs and ultimately grow these specialty accounts for the Railroad Division.
· Actively cares, promotes, manages, and advocates safety at Western States. As a team member in the organization, it is critical to ensure all employees, vendors, and clients have a safe work environment while adhering to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
· Maintains clean/clutter free personal work areas to ensure safe environments for all WSECO employees.
· Adhering to required personal protective equipment (PPE) as identified in safety policy.
· Travels throughout the US to call on assigned Class 1, 2, 3, Railroad companies and subcontractors.
· Pursues sales opportunities with specialty railroad accounts that are unassigned to a Sales Representative.
· Develops and implements both long term and short term rental strategies for the Railroad Division.
· Works collectively with other CAT dealers for product support.
· Adheres to FRA (Federal Railroad Administration) safety regulations when supplying equipment or services to Railroad clients.
· Manages, maintains, and grows Rental and Heavy Rents specialty railroad accounts not assigned, Promotes and sells the products and services of The Cat Rental Store, Heavy Rents, and WSECO.
o Provides specialty railroad accounts pricing and product options.
o Coordinates delivery of equipment with the appropriate Coordinator.
o Works with closest location to get the equipment ready for customer or to service any equipment issues.
o Travels throughout US to meet with specialty railroad account key contacts. Reviews machine performance while on site. Recommends other alternatives as needed.
· Adheres to all customer care standards.
· May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Western States’ strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
· Works within and promotes corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required.
· Proven skills in written and verbal communications, planning, organizing, leadership and interpersonal relationship building.
· Ability to set and manage priorities.
· Strong communication and relationship building skills.
· Up to 70% overnight travel required.
· Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
· Associates Degree or technical training from an accredited vocational school preferred.
· Three years equivalent experience required in equipment sales or service. Caterpillar experience preferred.
· Ability to obtain appropriate FRA safety certifications or client specific training, as needed
· Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record required.
· Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
· Ability to stand for long periods of time along with walking, sitting, repetitive climbing stairs, reaching (including but not limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
· Exposure to extreme temperatures and environment.
· Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. in accordance with Western States’ Lifting Policy to include amount and approach.
· Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this classification.