Stowers Machinery is the leading supplier of construction and related equipment rentals in East Tennessee. Ranked 70th on the 2020 RER 100, and offering earthmoving equipment from Caterpillar, aerial lifts from Genie, JLG, and Skyjack, Bandit & Finn Landscaping equipment, portable air compressors and generators, industrial and telescopic forklifts, and a full range of site support equipment - we are committed to being a one stop shop. Stowers has served East Tennessee for over sixty years, and we pride ourselves on a fierce devotion to meeting our customers’ needs.
The General Manager of Rental has the responsibility of leading the Rental Division with accountability for increasing profitable revenue, managing fleet assets, achieving customer satisfaction goals, and growing market share. The primary focus of this position is crafting and executing plans to accomplish these goals, sustain our best-in-class team, and drive bottom-line returns for Stowers Machinery Corporation through processes and technology. It is essential that this candidate understands the relationship between Rental, Equipment Sales, Parts, and Service, and appreciates their interdependence. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
Strategy & Financial Focus
Define and lead Rental Division in execution of strategy to profitably increase market share, expand existing business relationships, meet growth expectations, and deliver expected bottom-line return.
· Define key business drivers, metrics, and provide necessary resources for achievement
· Evaluate market and identify opportunities for growth through new product lines, acquisitions, or startups.
· Work with the Finance Department on annual budget forecast, capex planning, and customer profitability analysis.
· Manage contracts and relationships with key rental accounts
Rental Operational Excellence & Asset Management
· Maintain high levels of customer satisfactions as measured by Net Loyalty Score surveys and metrics. Hold team accountable to expectations, processes, and metrics for behavior and actions that influence customer satisfaction.
· Evaluate operations looking for opportunities and deficiencies.
· Analyze and review all assets to determine utilization, financial return, and overall performance. Improve return on assets and ensure new assets acquired meet minimum benchmarks. Manage rental fleet utilization, and maximize useful economic life to determine best window for retirement and remarketing.
· Create, update, and maintain division policies and procedures to achieve goals for customer satisfaction, revenue, cost control, and safety.
· Maintain excellent relationship and reputation with Caterpillar and key suppliers for the Rental Division.
· Assure equipment and facilities are maintained, improved, and managed in such a manner as to support excellent operational capability, performance, and reputation.
Culture, Values, Ideology, and Collaboration
· Drive a culture based upon integrity, exceptional customer service, team work, and operational excellence.
· Engage with the other Stowers Machinery Executive Team Members to develop cross divisional strategies to better serve our customers.
· Partner with HR resources to employ systematic process to define and assess current skills, define training needs, deliver needed training and conduct annual performance evaluations. Map out development plans for each direct report and reviews 2-3 times annually.
· As a member of the executive team, ensure Rental Division compliance with all contracts, obligations, laws, and regulations in such a manner that Stowers Machinery Corporation’s best interests are served and protected.
Candidates can send resumes directly to: [email protected] or apply here: https://www.bgtrecruiting.com/recruiting/job-listing/