At Caterpillar, you build what matters—whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide from building critical infrastructure and bolstering local economies to meeting the demand for energy. This work is powered by the by the people and solutions of Caterpillar. This is work that matters.
Exciting things continue to happen at Caterpillar and one very exciting place where we are innovating, and expanding is Global Rental. Our customers, more and more, are looking to rental solutions to help them build a better world which drives significant opportunity for Caterpillar and our dealers. Caterpillar’s commitment to rental continues, we’re seeing our business grow through expansion of solutions such as The Cat Rental Store and we need your help.
As a Cat Rental National Account Manager, you will grow national account revenue with existing national account customers and build a portfolio of new national account business through development of sound business relationships. You will work closely with our dealer network, building their capabilities to meet and exceed national account customer expectations. You will build a portfolio of agreements and build critical customer relationship in order to grow year over year revenue within and across your portfolio.
When you join Caterpillar as a Cat Rental National Account Manager, you can expect to:
- Partner with dealers to develop rental capabilities.
- Lead contract negotiations with new national account prospects.
- Develop and maintain effective internal partner relationships as well as relationships with major customers in order to achieve sales objectives.
- Develop and execute account strategies and activities for specified accounts; establish high-level relationships with business decision makers and identify business needs and problems.
- Develop and implement market strategies for key industries and customers, as well as secure commitments from Caterpillar and dealer resources to assure continued customer satisfaction.
- Provide consultation to various departments within Caterpillar regarding the direction and strategies that key industry leaders will be adopting in the future.
- Consult with dealers and districts about rental revenue, sales and service support of products in your portfolio.
- Travel in the field to monitor and resolve issues regarding customer satisfaction and future product needs.
- Develop product support and other types of program planning for assigned customers, take steps necessary to assure product health in order to maintain and enhance rental revenue growth.
- Make regular visits to customer locations in your assigned area to provide advice and counsel to potential customers.
- Ensure that account decision makers have been fully exposed to the features/ benefits available from Caterpillar products and dealers, before they finalize purchasing decisions.
- Manage the compliance of assignments and keep up to date with new industry trends, changing technology and regulations affecting the competitive environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience (4 years) relevant to this role.
- 5+ or more years of experience within the rental or used equipment industry OR experience in the construction industry with sales experience is acceptable.
- Previous national account management experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Supervisory experience or experience as a fully contributing member on significant projects and/or teams.
- Broad business background, specific long-term industry knowledge and excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive issues, mentor and coach, and/or persuade others on new methods of equipment sourcing, application, new technology and distribution methods.
- This position requires 50% travel.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
- This role will be able to sit remote within territory in the below locations determined by where the candidate lives within specified territories:
- Northeast territory
- Gulf Coast territory
- North Texas (Greater DFW area)
- Upper Plains (Minnesota, North/South Dakota)
- California (open to location within state)
- Georgia ( Greater ATL area)
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.