At Point of Rental, we value thinkers and tinkerers, helpers and sellers, and people who just plain make it fun to come in to work each day. We’re an international company, with offices in the US, the UK, and Australia, but we’re run like a family business – the meetings are few, and the bonding opportunities are genuine. And though we’re in an industry based on the concept of taking items only as long as you need them before returning them, we’re fiercely committed to our people. We work with every member of our staff to help them become the developer/salesperson/trainer/wizard they always wanted to be. Bring us your best. We’ll make your best better.
About the role...
We need an outgoing, energetic, and motivated customer support professional to join our team! As a Software Support Technician, you will be supporting small to medium-sized entrepreneurs using Point of Rental software. The primary role of the Technician is to deliver an awesome experience to our customers. A qualified Technician thrives on going above and beyond on every interaction and will be the primary voice of POR to our customers. This Technician will not solve every problem on their own – but work within POR to assist and delight our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as first point of contact for POR customers (Phone, email, chat).
- Respond to customer requests for assistance.
- Use knowledge and skills to address customer’s needs and resolve basic problems within existing specifications and defined standards.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience demonstrating excellent communication skills, responsive follow through, and advocacy for customer issues within the support team and other internal departments.
- Provide timely follow-up to customers and an exceptional support experience.
- Provide thorough and complete case notes and documentation of customer issues.
- Prioritize incoming issues and route to the appropriate resources for resolution.
Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent customer service attitude.
- Team player.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Time Management and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to collect and document detailed information regarding customer issues.
- Ability to listen intently and understand underlying concerns.
- Ability to empathize and relate to customers.
- Ability to navigate any question or issue and direct customers to the right person or team to assist.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain self-control while defusing stressful customer situations (High EQ).
- Ability to multi-task between varied support channels, effectively and professionally communicating with the customer based upon their desired channel (i.e. phone, live chat, email).
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt. Base Salary + Benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision), 100% 401(k) matching (up to 4%) + 120 Hours PTO. Monday – Friday, Daytime Hours.
POR is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, military service, veteran status, disability, genetic information, age, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. POR is committed to providing equal opportunity for all and reasonable arrangements for individuals with disabilities in employment. To request any special arrangements, please contact Human Resources.
To apply click here: