N C Machinery, The CAT Rental Store is seeking a skilled Outside Rental Sales professional in Fairbanks, Alaska with experience in the renting, leasing, and selling of CATERPILLAR and like kind equipment from other leading manufacturers in the construction industry.
NC Machinery is the Caterpillar dealership for Washington & Alaska. We strive to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry offering an expansive fleet of rental equipment paired with friendly and knowledgeable staff.
Our Outside Rental Sales Representatives are experts in renting, leasing, and selling our rental equipment. A successful candidate can demonstrate proficiency in the following skills:
- Prospect and develop new customers within the territory to maximum potential.
- Maintain and build positive customer relations.
- Conduct weekly in person visits with customers in both their offices and on jobsites.
- Provide product information as well as education on financial merchandizing plans.
- Maintain accurate and detailed customer records to include logging/input data.
- Manage expenses and follow sales procedures and policies.
- Coordinate with operations personnel regarding equipment availability and rental programs.
- Travel as needed. Perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
Candidates must be an articulate and effective communicator to be successful assisting our customers with their business needs. We are looking for the following experience and qualifications:
- High energy and self-motivated. Possess a take-charge attitude with the drive to help our customers succeed.
- 2-3 years outside sales experience, rental experience is highly preferred.
- Experience in the selling and leasing of Caterpillar or like kind equipment.
- Prospecting, new business development and customer retention skills required.
- Effective communication skills combined with strong interpersonal skills and clarity in writing are necessary.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products required, Caterpillar's proprietary software and related programs preferred.
- Successful candidate will have HS diploma or equivalent, a valid state drivers license, a bachelor's degree in business is preferred.
We offer a competitive wage, excellent benefits (medical & dental, vision, 401(k), paid vacation and sick leave, company paid life insurance, training and support from team members.
Harnish Group Inc. and Member Companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Follow the link here to apply.