In 2007, Brunner & Lay is celebrating 125 years of continuous operations under the ownership and control of the founding family. The original products manufactured by this enterprise were those used in the sculpturing of stone, production of monuments, building stones, and “objects d’art.”
From a very inauspicious beginning in a small blacksmith shop originally started in 1882 by Edward Brunner and Severin Lay, Brunner & Lay and its affiliated companies have become the world’s largest manufacturer of paving breaker tools, the company says.
Today, using the latest state-of-the-art equipment in its facilities throughout the world, Brunner & Lay’s entire output is devoted to the manufacture of pneumatic and hydraulic tool accessories for the construction, mining and demolition industries.
The company’s worldwide operations encompass manufacturing plants and warehouses on three different continents, including seven facilities in the United States, three in Canada, three in Great Britain, one in Germany, and two in Australia, including the latest, an opening in 2004 of a warehouse in Kalgoorlie.
The corporation is currently chaired by Fred Brunner, and managed by F. Michael Brunner, president, and the fourth generation of the Brunner family to oversee operations.
Headquartered in Springdale, Ark., Brunner & Lay products are divided into three major categories: tools used for the demolition or cutting of concrete and stone, drill steels and carbide tipped bits which are used to drill blast holes in quarries, mines, and construction projects, and small chipping and electric hammer tools which are used by the general construction trade.