Bidadoo ended a record 2022 with double the volume and 90-percent sales growth in the fourth quarter year over year. During the fourth quarter, bidadoo rocketed to a 101-percent year-over-year increase in items sold. With changing macro-economic trends, bidadoo drove significant customer growth adding more companies selling capital assets. As customers choose to remarket used equipment and trucks, bidadoo’s online, multi-channel marketplace enables customers to maximize their net returns.
Bidadoo’s record-breaking 4th Quarter 2022 by the numbers vs. 2021:
- 101% increase in number of assets sold
- 90% increase in sales growth
- 64% increase in the number of seller locations- saving costly transport of equipment to a physical auction facility
- Record 78% of sales were made by out-of-state buyers
- Over 120% growth in Strategic Account sales
- 49% increase in total buyers
- 52% increase in bidadoo.com traffic
- 63% mobile auction participation (phone and tablet)
- 20 times more views per item than many other auction platforms
- Top placement to 135 million eBay’s active buyers
- 132 countries represented on typical Tuesday - “Auction Day”
December represented the largest sales month for bidadoo, with the largest weekly online auction event ever. Bidadoo, in partnership with eBay, experienced record buyer demand for equipment and trucks throughout the quarter and supported a record number of sellers on the marketplace. Bidadoo and eBay’s strategic partnership is driving significant increase in new inventory, as highlighted by a 120-percent increase in Strategic Account sales during Q4, as the industry continues to recognize the efficiencies and reach of bidadoo’s online model.
Doubling the inventory in Q4 helped ignite huge buyer growth and demand. With the bidadoo online auction model, buyers don’t have to invest their time, energy, and money to travel to a traditional or live auction site to try and source equipment. Bidadoo buyers have the convenience of weekly no-reserve auctions every Tuesday, rather than traditional quarterly auctions -- typical for land-based auction sites. With eBay’s huge Business and Industrial, eBay Motors, and Parts and Accessories business and buyer base, bidadoo offers buyers a convenient way to source both equipment, trucks, and parts and accessories to run their business. Also, with bidadoo there are no Buyer’s Premiums. In comparison, many auction companies charge a Buyer’s Premium (an additional charge to their winning bid) that can run around 10 to 12 percent. With no Buyer’s Premium, bidadoo buyers and sellers both benefit.
For equipment sellers, in addition to bidadoo’s active customers, bidadoo is featured to eBay’s 135 million global, predominantly end-user, active registered buyers. Seller’s benefit from this huge buyer base -- with no transport fees and no buyer premiums -- which maximizes financial returns of assets for bidadoo’s sellers. With the trust of bidadoo, there has been a significant growth in the size and value of equipment sold via online auction. Additionally, the bidadoo Marketplace offers buyers and sellers multiple, convenient ways to buy and sell equipment, including immediate Buy-It-Now, or Make-Offer sales.
"Bidadoo is a great resource for us because we are in the equipment industry renting and using equipment, but are not specialized and cannot justify having an employee doing the kind of quality work performed by bidadoo," said Kyle Gladieux, manager of corporate finance and accounting, Schaedler Enterprises Inc. "When we need to buy or sell a piece, we simply make a phone call to our representative and from there we are hands off. We have used bidadoo to sell telehandlers and cranes as well as purchase cranes on multiple occasions. The process is consistent and simple and has exceeded our expectations at every level. We look forward to our continued partnership for years to come."
“We are honored by the incredible confidence our customers continue to put in bidadoo,” said Howard Hawk, bidadoo president. “It is clear the market continues to value a true, trusted, transparent, global online-only marketplace for trucks and equipment, rather than old live models. We have seen an incredibly positive response from our customers to our eBay partnership over the past year. We are also very proud of our team for being able to scale the business at this pace.”
Sample of equipment sold by bidadoo during the fourth quarter:
- 2020 Caterpillar 745 Articulated Dump Truck - $312,000
- 2017 John Deere 9570Rx Ag Tractor - $260,000
- 2018 John Deere 1050K Crawler Dozer - $218,000
- 2013 Terex TA400 40 Ton Articulated Dump Truck - $96,100
- 2011 Grove RT700E 50 Ton Rough Terrain Crane - $85,700
- 2015 Caterpillar TL1255C 64’ 12K Reach Forklift - $75,201
- 2016 Hamm H11iX 84” Smooth Drum Roller - $70,100
- 2013 John Deere 210G LC Excavator - $68,500
- 2015 JLG 642 42’ Telescopic Reach Forklift - $66,317
- 2000 Sterling L7500 Terex-RO BT60 Crane - $66,100
- 2018 Mahindra 9125 S Front End Loader - $55,200
- 2018 Caterpillar 299D2 Skid Steer - $53,100
- 2017 Freightliner M2 106 22’ Flatbed Truck - $50,100
To view the current online catalog, visit http://www.bidadoo.com/auctions.