Genie has added a new online mobile elevating work platform supervisor training course to help rental companies and jobsite be in compliance with the new ANSI A92.22 standards for Safe Use and ANSI A92.24 standards for training. The Genie Lift Pro Online MEWP Supervisor Training Course is now available, specifically developed for supervisors and meeting all the requirements set forth in the new standards.
“In the new ANSI A92.22 Safe Use and A92.24 Training standards, there is a new requirement that states that anyone who directly supervises a MEWP operator must also be trained,” said Scott Owyen, Genie senior training manager, Terex AWP. “In keeping with our legacy of providing the highest level of support to our customers and the operators who use our equipment, our goal with this new course is to get jobsite supervisors up to speed with the new standards efficiently and effectively, while continuing to promote safety and the development of the proper mindset to safely operate MEWPs in today’s busy work environment.”
The Genie Lift Pro Online MEWP Supervisor Training Course covers:
- MEWP classifications, features and applications to assist with the proper selection of the correct MEWP for the work to be performed;
- The responsibilities of all parties involved with the operation of MEWPs;
- The rules, regulations and standards that apply to MEWPs, including the provisions for safe use as defined in ANSI A92.22, training and familiarization, and the work being performed;
- Potential hazards associated with the use of MEWs and the means to protect against, eliminate or mitigate identified hazards;
- The requirement for operators to read and understand the appropriate operator’s manual prior to using a MEWP and knowledge that the manual must be properly stored in the weather-resistant compartment on the platform when not in use by the operator.
The course includes a final exam and allows the individual to print out a certificate upon successful completion of the course. The certificate is then signed by the supersvisor’s employer as verification of course completion.
For more information about the standards or training, contact the Genie Training Team at [email protected]; visit genielift.com/training for more information on training offerings. Visit liftpro.genielift.com to take the Online MEWP Supervisor Training Course. Or visit genielift.com/A92 for more information on the ANSI standards update.