JLG Industries will unveil new products and partnerships, including its 150-foot boomlift at ConExpo in Las Vegas next week. The 1500SJ is the first straight boomlift that elevates operators to 150 feet requiring only a weight permit to transport. The telescoping jib provides work envelope flexibility and horizontal and vertical reach extending to 25 feet. The 1500SJ delivers dual 1,000/500-pound capacity, three steering modes and advanced systems to assist in safely positioning the platform.
Other new products include:
- 340AJ: The unit features a 500-pound capacity, up to 34 feet lift height and 20 feet of up-and-over reach, as well as a steel hood for added durability, a Tier-4 diesel engine and enhanced terrainability.
- Compact crawler booms: available in three models with working heights ranging from 45 to 75 feet, the new units feature a tracked wheel carriage that climbs steps and a narrow chassis for access through gates, yards, standard doorways and public buildings. The units deliver a 440-pound capacity, up to 37-foot horizontal reach and electric and combustion combination power for energy efficiency.
- Toucan: The new direct electric drive in the Toucan T26E provides longer battery life and more duty cycles. Improved controls facilitate operators reaching up and over obstacles in tighter spaces, and an AC motor ensures quieter operation and lower maintenance costs.
- Steel hoods: Most JLG engine-powered boomlifts produced after October 1, 2010, feature new steel hoods that are more durable, minimizing maintenance costs. Factory-approved retrofit kits will be available for engine-powered boomlifts built prior to October 4, 2010.
- Firestone tires: JLG and Bridgestone Americas Off-Road Tires division recently collaborated to create the all-new Firestone DuraForce MH tire. All three lines of JLG telehandlers are equipped with the longer-lasting tires, which feature a unique self-cleaning tread design for enhanced terrainability.
- FS60 LiftPod: The brand new addition to the LiftPod line of aerial work platforms combines the portability of a ladder with the stability of a work platform. The 30-inch base enables operators to move the LiftPod through doorways. The FS60 features an enclosed platform with a 12-foot working height and 6-foot standing height, allowing workers to move hands-free in a 360-degree range of motion.
JLG is based in McConnellsburg, Pa. Its parent company, Oshkosh Corp., is based in Oshkosh, Wis.