Herc Holdings Inc. today released its 2023 Corporate Citizenship Report, highlighting Herc Rentals’ progress on its Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy. The report demonstrates Herc Rentals’ commitment to responsible ESG operating practices built upon a strong cultural foundation, a safety-first protocol, and a target-based approach to reducing the environmental impacts of its business activities.
“Our commitment to environmental stewardship and maintaining an inclusive and respectful workplace has long been part of Herc Rentals’ culture,” said president and CEO Larry Silber (pictured above). “I am pleased to report progress across our ESG priorities and a framework for our continued efforts to integrate sustainable and socially responsible practices across our operations and our supplier and customer relationships. This commitment is evident throughout our business.”
Key highlights detailed in Herc Rentals’ 2023 Corporate Citizenship Report include:
- Reduced Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions intensity by 17 percent from 2019 baseline, achieving 70 percent of the company’s goal of a 25 percent reduction by 2030.
- Reduced non-toxic waste to landfill intensity by 20 percent from 2019 baseline, achieving 80 percent of the company’s goal of a 25-percent reduction by 2030.
- A continued trend of annual safety improvement with a 2022 Total Recordable Incident Rate of 0.52, representing progress towards the company’s 2030 target of 0.49 or less.
- An improved employee Net Promoter Score (eNPS) for the fourth consecutive year, achieving a 2022 eNPS of 34.3 percent, an increase from 27.6 percent in 2021.
- The launch of a new Voluntary Paid Time off program in 2023 to support the company’s 6,700 employees in volunteering in their communities.
- Adoption of a new and expanded supplier survey in 2023 to ensure the company’s supply chain meets high standards of environmental and social responsibility.
- Recognition as one of Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies; earning the EcoVadis Silver Award for quality in sustainability management; receiving a Military Friendly Employer Gold designation; and becoming Great Place to Work Certified in Canada.
To view the 2023 Corporate Citizenship Report and learn more about Herc Rentals’ ESG strategy, visit https://ir.hercrentals.com/sustainability