HiPower Systems, a manufacturer of power generation and power distribution equipment in the United States and Canada, announced it has worked with distributor Simson Maxwell to develop five custom generator packages that power mobile buildings. Each package includes a HiPower HMW 810 T6 generator, driven by a heavy-duty, 4-cycle, direct-injection engine from MTU. The engines are capable of full-rated load acceptance in one step. For its mobile buildings, Simson Maxwell uses two 810 T6 units to create a twin 800kW, dual-prime power package that it installs into the prefabricated buildings, producing a solution for a variety of worker accommodations and facilities.
“Because many of these mobile buildings will be powering small communities of workers in very remote regions of Northern Canada, generator reliability and durability is crucial,” said Simson Maxwell president Daryl Kruper.
Kruper said the generator-equipped buildings, useful in many different applications including oil and gas, construction and utility, were all sold into camp applications shortly after their manufacture. Features of the mobile building packages include:
- Twin 800-kW diesel generators with high-end, ComAp Intelligen NT genset controllers;
- Hospital-grade silencers to drastically reduce overall sound pollution;
- Fully automated fuel transfer system;
- Automatic fire-suppression systems;
- Fully integrated air re-circulation system to maximize heat recovery, maintaining consistent building temperature in extreme weather;
- A robust winter building package to maintain safety and comfort in extreme climates;
- Heavy-duty, 12-foot by 50-foot live-roll skid for ease of transportation and faster installation.
“HiPower Systems and Simson Maxwell have a partnership built in mutual respect for each other’s dedication to quality and consistency of product,” said HiPower Systems president Rafael Acosta. “For this product, we provided critical power to buildings that protect the lives and safety of workers in remote areas and extreme climates.”
HiPower, a division of Himoinsa, is based in Lenoxa, Kan.
Based in Port Coquitlam, B.C., Canada, Simson Maxwell has five locations in western Canada.