Ohio Cat last week held a ceremonial groundbreaking, led by company president Ken Taylor, for its new facility in Jackson Township, Ohio. Industry growth in the state has led to increased employment within the company, leading to the need for facility expansions and improvements company-wide. Headquartered in Broadview Heights, Ohio Cat has 1,025 employees throughout Ohio and northern Kentucky.
Construction at the new 10-acre property will provide a 55,000-square-foot building including shop space, a parts warehouse, and office space for sales, rental and administrative personnel. The new facility will be situated next to the company’s existing Cat Rental Store. Construction at the new Stark County location is part of a $75 million facility-related improvement program by Ohio Cat to better serve its customers.
Increased business activity, coupled with demand from the energy sector, specifically in the burgeoning oil and gas markets of eastern Ohio, have necessitated a larger facility for Ohio Cat in the Canton area. Ohio Cat’s current Canton facility, located off of Route 30, will remain operational and will serve customers as its Power Systems Division Canton hub. The company is optimistic about the continued growth in Stark County and eastern Ohio and expects multiple locations in the area to increase its service capacities.
By the end of 2015, the company plans to hire an additional 175 employees, bringing its total employment to 1,200. Ohio Cat’s $75 million capital investment program will increase the number of its facilities from 21 to 25.
Ohio Cat is the authorized Caterpillar dealer for Ohio, northern Kentucky, and southeastern Indiana and has been serving the equipment and power systems needs of local businesses since 1945. It is No. 33 on the RER 100.