RER announces its annual Innovative Product Award winners for 2018: The Gold Award goes to Serious Labs for its Ryze MEWP Virtual Reality Simulator; the Silver Award goes to Point of Rental Software for UnLockIt, an app that allows rental businesses to provide self-service rental, rental-on-demand, and after-hours parts pickup; and the Bronze Award goes to Sullair for its OFD 1550 Portable Oil Free Rotary Screw Air Compressor.
Now in its 17th year, the RER Innovative Product Awards honors innovative products in more than a dozen equipment categories, decided on by a panel of more than a dozen equipment rental industry participants. This year Serious Labs won the Gold Award after winning the Technology Enhancements category; Point of Rental won the Silver Award after winning the computer software category; and Sullair won the Bronze Award after taking the compressors/air tools category.
Other category winners are:
- Concrete-working equipment: Hilti’s TE2000-AVR demolition hammer;
- Earthmoving: Takeuchi’s TL6R track loader
- Engines/Power Sourcing: POWR2 Hybrid Energy Systems
- Generators/Welders: Lincoln Electric’s Vantage 549 welder
- Lifts: Haulotte’s HA 61 Le Pro
- Light Towers: Allmand Brothers’ Nite-Lite E-Series
- Material Handling Equipment: Gehl’s Mark74 Series 74-hp telescopic handler
- Miscellaneous: Hilti’s DD-WMS-100 Water Management System
- Power Tools: Stihl’s TS 440 Cutquik saw.
The three top winners are profiled in the December edition of RER magazine, and will be presented in greater depth in an upcoming issue of RER Reports. The category winners will be profiled in an upcoming edition of RER magazine as well as RER Reports.