Wacker Neuson recently unveiled its new line of earthmoving equipment at its Menomonee Falls, Wis., United States headquarters. For decades the Munich-based manufacturer was known as one of the world’s leading manufacturers of light and compact equipment such as compaction and concrete-working machines, pumps, light towers and generators, with more than 250 product groups to its name. Now Wacker Neuson is showing it can play with the big boys when it comes to the heavy side and presented an impressive arsenal at a recent event.
Not only has Wacker Neuson tripled in size in the last decade, leaping from €411 million in revenue in 2004 to €1,284 million in 2014, but the company’s products have burgeoned as well, although it maintains its strong light equipment portfolio. The company, founded by Johann Christian Wacker producing rammers in 1848, now sports an array of telewheel loaders, all-wheel steer and articulated wheel loaders, excavators up to 14 tons, wheeled excavators, dumpers and more. It also has a ground-engaging telehandler designed to meet the digging demands of a wheel loader, the versatility of a skid-steer loader and the lifting performance of a telehandler, with universal attachment plates.
Then known as Wacker Corp., the company began manufacturing in the United States in 1957 in Hartford, Wis. Wacker Neuson now operates a 539,000-square-foot facility dedicated to manufacturing, sales, finance, marketing, training and support.
At a recent visit to the company’s U.S. headquarters, RER had a chance to check out some of the recently introduced machines.