Posted by Brooke Just
With a high bucket capacity, swift travel speeds and maneuverability, the all-new L65 and L85 compact wheel loaders from Bobcat deliver the performance to power through tough jobs with versatility.
“Compact wheel loaders are an essential machine on many different jobsites and are remarkably nimble in tight spaces where power shouldn’t be sacrificed for maneuverability,” said Kelly Humble, senior marketing manager, product planning at Doosan Bobcat North America. “Our new compact wheel loaders give owners the performance they need to power through tough tasks, the nimbleness they need to work around obstacles and the premium comfort they deserve to stay energized throughout the day.”
In addition to buckets and pallet forks specifically designed and approved for these machines, the L65 and L85 integrate with a variety of other Bobcat attachments that extend the usefulness of the machine. For example, the power Bob-Tach System allows operators to share select attachments across their Bobcat fleet, expanding the versatility of their equipment and giving the most versatility and profitability on the dollar. The operator can also optimize the performance of the attachment relative to that task at hand with attachment control mode. This feature enables users to control the engine and travel speeds separately, allowing for optimal auxiliary hydraulic performance.
The L65 and L85 come equipped with a newly redesigned Tier 4 Bobcat engine that delivers efficiency and performance, plus thoughtfully engineered components for simplified routine maintenance. Operators will also appreciate the engine’s reliable cold weather starting and a variety of features that make maintenance and service more convenient, including:
- Large fuel filter to enable better system protection, longer filter life and increased holding capacity.
- Lift pump and self-priming fuel system, which enables continuous forced air outflow and eliminates the need for a primer bulb.
- Pre-filter to protect the lift pump from debris and particles that increase wear and degrade performance.
When it comes to machine operation, operators will find the handling of these compact wheel loaders second to none. The machines’ articulated steering delivers high maneuverability and a tight turning radius, easily navigating jobsite obstructions and fitting into narrow spaces. Thanks to the electronic hydrostatic transmission (E-HST), the L65 and L85 make quick direction changes efficiently, increasing acceleration and adjusting speed control seamlessly. A powerful combination of the E-HST transmission and horsepower management automatically adjusts the loaders’ drive system to maximize pushing and loading power while minimizing the chance of stalling.
When it comes to bucket breakout force, Bobcat’s z-bar linkage design provides outstanding power while keeping loads parallel with the ground, resulting in minimal spillage and maximum productivity. Combined with an automatic parking brake with slope assist and brake pedal with inching control, owners can feel confident that they can manage their speed and task with power and precision.
Material handling tasks make for long, sometimes repetitive days, and Bobcat’s operator-centered design helps maintain operator energy and ease regardless of task at hand. Whether choosing from a standard canopy or optional pressurized cab, the L65 and L85 offer an unparalleled vantage point for visibility. Once an operator fires up the engine, they will experience a cab engineered for all-day operation, low noise levels, easy-to-reach and intuitive controls and a comfortable seat with an adjustable, seat-mounted joystick.
Bobcat machines are purpose-built and carefully engineered. The engine achieves emissions compliance without the use of a diesel particulate filter or selective catalyst reduction, which means reduced components for easier maintenance and no work stoppage due to DPF regeneration.
Like all of Bobcat’s compact equipment lineup, operators will find optimal service access to key components and checkpoints throughout the compact wheel loaders, simplifying regular maintenance intervals and making it easy to incorporate good service habits into their routine.
Additional Standard Features (L65 and L85):
- 2.4L Turbo-charged Bobcat Tier-4 engine
- Two-Speed Travel (travel mode/work mode)
- Advanced Attachment Control Mode
- Bucket Level Indicator
- Differential Lock
- Inching Pedal
- Power Bob-Tach
- 5” Display w/Jog Shuttle
- High-flow hydraulics (L85 only)
- Side Rear View Mirrors
- Z-Bar Mechanical Self Leveling
- LED Work Lights
Additional Upgrade Options (L65 and L85):
- Attachment Control Device (7 pin connector)
- Automatic ride control
- Enclosed cab with HVAC
- Rear view camera
- Cloth suspension seat
L65 – Product Brief Specs
- Horsepower 55 hp
- Rated Operating Capacity with Bucket (Straight) 3,133 lb
- Rated Operating Capacity with Bucket (Articulated) 2,618 lb
- Rated Operating Capacity with Forks (Straight) 3,759 lb
- Rated Operating Capacity with Forks (Articulated) 3,172 lb
- Operating Weight 9,944 lb
- Auxiliary Std Flow 19.8 gal/min
- Width (over tires) 69.7 in
L85 – Product Brief Specs
- Horsepower 68 hp
- Rated Operating Capacity with Bucket (Straight) 3,974 lb
- Rated Operating Capacity with Bucket (Articulated) 3,257 lb
- Rated Operating Capacity with Forks (Straight) 4,786 lb
- Rated Operating Capacity with Forks (Articulated) 3,977 lb
- Operating Weight 11,164 lb
- Auxiliary High Flow 27.34 gal/min
- Width (over tires) 70.9 in