Posted by Brooke Just
Operator safety, ease of use, and maintenance are prime factors taken into account when any company is looking into equipment acquisition. These same factors are even more vital in the Utility & Telcom Industry as they service, build, and maintain infrastructures for their state and local regions. Felling Trailers’ re-engineered Utility Pole Cargo trailers (UPT-C’s) are fully engineered and documented products that embody these factors. Thus operators can be assured of many years of reliable, trouble-free service. Felling’s Engineering, Sales, and Utility Telecom product manager worked together to create a user-focused product, incorporating all of the standard features an operator wants and needs to get through a day’s schedule of pole replacements and line maintenance.
The UPT-C model line offers four models with GVWRs (gross vehicle weight rating) ranging from 13,800 pounds to 23,000 pounds. All models are standard with electric FSA (forward self-adjusting) brakes on all axles with an air brake option available on FT-20 UPT-C.
Lengths Retracted/Extended & Cargo Box Lengths Available
- 20 feet -30 feet length 10 foot bed (standard on all models)
- 24 feet -40 feet length 12 foot bed (available on all models)
- 29 feet-46 feet length 14 foot bed (available on FT-20 UPT-C only)
Functionality and Flexibility - Equipped with a 2 inch cold rolled steel, positive locking adjustment pin and designed with a notched flange welded on the pin, the flange notches have to pass through two tabs welded 90 degrees from each other, assuring a positive locked position. The 2 inch positive locking adjustment pin is attached to the trailer with a chain to prevent loss. Improved toolbox design offers safer accessibility for the operator when the trailer is loaded with poles and features a locking t-handle design. The tailgate latching system features a spring-loaded securement system, and bumper stops on the tailboard to govern the rear tailgate.
Safety by Design – The UPT-C trailers feature a triple taillight system which provides for increased visibility of the truck and trailer during offload/loading of poles in the field. Optional amber LED strobe lights, switched and mounted in tailboard, replacing two center lights. Pole transport, UPT-Cs are equipped standard with center and rear, 95 inches wide bolsters with 21 inch sliding lever locking removable stanchions with winch binder and 30 feet x 4 inch strap. A 45 inch wide front bolster with a 4 inch strap and binder are standard. Optional front bolsters include 60 inch and 95 inches wide. Both are double c-channel construction and have a 4 inch strap and binder along with lever locking removable stanchions.
Multiple load securement points are located down the mainframe rail. Four d-rings provide ideal tie-down points for the material being carried in the cargo box.
• 10 inch c-channel main frame rails
• Extendable tongue, 8 inch x 4 inch x ¼ inch wall tube with 10 inch x 6 inch x ¼ inch receiver tube
• Cargo box, 15 inch tall sides, ten (10) gauge floor & twelve (12) gauge sides
• All wiring and airlines (when equipped with air brakes) are ran Internally traveling in a Heavy-Duty Energy Chain
• No User intervention is required for the wiring or airlines when extending and retracting the tongue
• Positive Locking Adjustment Pin with a chain attached to the trailer to prevent loss
To learn more about the UPT-C, Utility Pole Cargo Trailers, or other utility and telecom trailer solutions, visit www.felling.com or call 1-800-245-2809.