Posted by Brooke Just
With zero emissions and lower noise, the 40V max XGT Brushless Cordless 24 inch Rough Cut Hedge Trimmer Kit (GHU01M1) is designed for professional landscaping clean-up applications. The Makita-built brushless motor delivers up to 4,000 SPM for powerful trimming. It has three speed options to manage power and run time.
The sharp-edged shear blade can trim through thick and hard branches. A reverse function clears jams. The hedge trimmer can get up to three hours of run time using one 40V max XGT 4.0Ah battery. The five-position rotating rear handle provides increased comfort during vertical and angle trimming. A tip guard protects the end of the cutter bar against hard surfaces.
For added durability in harsh jobsite conditions, Extreme Protection Technology is engineered for improved dust and water resistance. The power head also features IPX4-rated weather-resistant construction for added durability.
XGT is a system of equipment, tools, batteries and chargers utilizing 40v max lithium-ion batteries. XGT is engineered to deliver high power to take on high-demand applications, allowing users to completely transition to a cordless job site. XGT is equipped with advanced brushless motor engineering, intelligent digital communication, and superior durability features to outpower, outsmart and outlast the rest.
Other features include:
- Makita-built brushless motor delivers higher torque and up to 4,000 SPM for powerful trimming
- 3-speed options (Low: 2,000 SPM, Medium: 3,000 SPM High: 4,000 SPM) for power and run time management
- Up to three hours of run time using a 40V max XGT 4.0Ah battery
- 24 inch sharp-edged shear blade provides optimal trimming for thick and hard branches
- Five-position rotating rear handle for increased comfort during vertical and angle trimming
- Reverse function for clearing jams
- Anti-vibration design for operator comfort
- Tip guard protects the end of the cutter bar against hard surfaces
- IPX4 weather-resistant construction for durability and long life
- The digital communication within XGT optimizes performance to provide up to 2X longer sustained power under heavy-load applications
- The digital communication within XGT actively monitors and protects against overload, over-discharge and overheating
- XGT Tools and Batteries are designed with a multi-layer contact interface for more constant power delivery to take on high-current demands
- XGT Batteries feature rigid rails with impact-resistant construction to secure the battery to the tool during high-demand applications
- The XGT Rapid Charger with dual-fan design circulates air through the battery to cool the battery and circuit board quickly for faster charging
- The XGT Rapid Charger’s digital display indicates battery charge level (-80%, +80%, 100%)
- The XGT Rapid Charger’s built-in chip thoroughly communicates during the charging process to control current, voltage, and temperature for more efficient charging
- 40V max XGT Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Compatible with Makita 40V max XGT Lithium-Ion batteries
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger