Organizers for Conexpo-Con/Agg 2002, to be held next month in Las Vegas, expect the show to be the largest exposition for construction and construction materials ever held in the Western Hemisphere.
More than 1.84 million net square feet of space has been reserved by more than 1,500 exhibitors. Conexpo organizers expect the total number of exhibitors to top 1,900, and total attendance to top 135,000 from more than 100 countries. The show will be held March 19-23.
Features at the show will include:
- Information Technology Pavilion: Featuring many of the latest computer hardware, software and services for the construction industry, this high-tech pavilion, sponsored by the Associated General Contractors of America has more than 90 exhibitors reserving more than 25,000 square feet of exhibit space.
- Seminars: More than 120 sessions grouped in 10 industry-specific tracks will be offered.
- Product concentration areas: Exhibits will be divided into product concentration areas that group together similar products and services.
- Live auction: A live auction of items on display at the show will be broadcast live via satellite.
- Cyber cafes: Internet access with free e-mail access will be available.
Numerous organizations will hold their annual conventions in conjunction with the show, including the American Road & Transportation Builders Association, the Associated General Contractors of America, the Concrete Sawing & Drilling Association, the Construction Materials Recycling Association, the International Road Federation, the National Ready-Mixed Concrete Association, the National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association, the National Utility Contractors Association and the Society of Automotive Engineers.
Further information about Conexpo can be found at www.conexpoconagg.com.