The D61-24 crawler dozer features a 6.8 liter, 168-horsepower, SAA4D107E-3, EPA Tier 4 Final emissions certified engine. The Komatsu Variable Geometry Turbocharger is designed to maintain a high level of passive regeneration to ensure fuel isn’t wasted on cleaning the exhaust filter. More than 99 percent of Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (KDPF) regeneration is performed with no action required by the operator.
Other noteworthy features on the D61-24 crawler dozer include:
- A choice between quick-shift, three-speed mode and a variable, 20-speed customizable transmission mode to suit personal preferences.
- Proprietary engine and hydrostatic transmission technology designed to improve machine efficiency and cuts fuel consumption.
- New auto-idle shutdown and economy modes designed to help reduce idle time and save fuel.
- KOMTRAX telematics system and monitor that provides key machine metrics, including KDPF status, DEF consumption, fuel level, operating hours, location, cautions and maintenance alerts. Operator ID also makes it possible to view KOMTRAX data by job, application or operator.
- KOMTRAX is included with the D61-24 at no charge.
- Large, multi-lingual, 7 inch, high-resolution LCD monitor with Ecology Guidance that helps operators monitor machine performance for maximum fuel efficiency and follow real-time integrated diagnostics for troubleshooting without a laptop.
- Standard rear-view monitoring system that promotes increased operator awareness of potential worksite hazards.