Ohio Cat celebrated the opening of its new 55,000-square-foot equipment and rental facility with a ribbon-cutting ceremony May 6 in Jackson Township, Ohio, with remarks by owner Ken Taylor, neighboring businesses and several public officials. As part of the company’s $75 million facilities expansion and improvement program, the new facility – in the Canton, Ohio, area -- is the first full-service facility built under Taylor’s leadership.
The $13.5 million facility offers a large number of service bays, an extensive parts inventory warehouse, a Cat merchandise store, as well as rental, sales and administrative offices. The structure includes several worker-focused safety and eco-friendly improvements, such as skylights for natural lighting, LED light fixtures, carbon dioxide and diesel particulate monitoring, industrial ceiling fans for reduced electrical consumption, a monitored oil-dispensing system using bulk oil for reduced waste, and a state-of-the-art wash facility.
Headquartered in Broadview Heights, Ohio, Ohio Cat has more than 1,100 employees throughout Ohio, northern Kentucky and southeastern Indiana. With this full-service Equipment Division facility, Ohio Cat provides expanded customer service covering equipment sales, machine service, and parts sales in addition to the equipment rental capabilities already offered there. This allows the company’s original Canton location to become a dedicated Power Systems Division facility providing on-highway truck service, commercial engine service, parts support, generator rentals and temperature control rentals.
Ohio Cat is the authorized Caterpillar dealer for Ohio, northern Kentucky and southeastern Indiana, in business since 1945. It has 21 locations and is No. 27 on the RER 100.