The third annual SAF-T aerial safety conference, organized by Maximum Capacity Media, will be held online this year on a live webinar Dec. 10, at 3 p.m. EST.
Sessions will include:
• Raising the Bar on Training, presented by Ken Colonna, director of safety & environmental for RSC Equipment Rental, and Jeff Stachowiak, national safety director for Sunbelt Rentals. The session will present a clarification of responsibilities as they pertain to training in both construction and industrial applications.
• Training or Familiarization, presented by Rob Vetter, director of training for IVES Training Group;
• The Do’s of Aerial Work Platform Maintenance, presented by Brad Boehler, vice president of engineering for Skyjack. The session will cover what it means to properly maintain equipment, and what are the requirements for daily pre-start inspections, frequent and annual inspections and workplace inspections;
• The Don’ts of Aerial Work Platform Maintenance, presented by Bob Bartley, director of field service for Terex Aerial Work Platforms, and Dave Baxter director of business development for JLG Industries;
• The Do’s and Don’ts of Aerial Work Platform Replacement Parts, presented by Boehler and Jared Badenhop, national sales manager for Hindley Electronics. This session discusses when and if it is appropriate to utilize off-the-shelf or aftermarket parts;
• Fall Protection or Fall Arrest, presented by Stachowiak. The difference between fall restraint and fall arrest. What equipment/system qualifies for restraint? Is the typical application of a harness and 6-foot lanyard restraint or arrest?
• Fall Arrest/Restraint System Care and Inspection, presented by Tom Dillon, national product sales manager, fall protection and confided space specialist, Miller Fall Protection;
• ANSI Compliance for Managers, presented by Tony Groat, executive vice president, AWPT Inc.
Sponsors for the event include Skyjack, Aerial Work Platform Training Inc., JLG, Ives Training Group, Custom Equipment, Sperian, and Genie.
For further information and registration, click on SAF-T above right or follow the link at www.rermag.com.