The Sales Manager’s primary responsibility will be to drive revenue creation and profit through market analysis and expansion, financial utilization, customer relationships as well as coaching and developing the sales team. The successful candidate will work in partnership with the Branch Managers and Operation Manager to evaluate and grow our business through each of the rental locations. The Sales Manager will be on the Strategic Management Team and will fully participate in the operation and strategic planning for Vandalia Rental.
Key Performance Objectives:
1. Coaching, developing and challenging the sales team to achieve revenue and profitability goals.
2. Assessing, developing and implementing sales and marketing strategies that increase revenue.
3. Work with sales team to network and develop cobranded relationships with key accounts.
What will you do?
- Serve as an advisor to the branch managers regarding local sales and marketing strategies for capturing market share and working to close gaps in sales plans. Provide market analysis to better understand the local markets and potential new markets while identifying current customers, as well as potential customers, that are aligned with the criteria of which we can best create a successful partnership.
- Develop, implement and oversee sales strategies to maximize revenue and profit growth.
- Review, report and act on key performance indicators regarding ROI of sales and marketing activities, sales pipelines, customer activity and projected opportunities.
- Be the Vandalia Rental ambassador with industry leaders, relevant associations and committees. Identify opportunities to collaborate with organizations/companies/individuals that can lead to a prosperous relationship for both Vandalia Rental and current or future customers.
- Evaluate sales team in collaboration with the branch managers. Develop, coach and train the sales team for success allowing them to acquire new knowledge and skills for lead generation, development of customers and ultimately grow their success through the sales cycle.
- Work collaboratively with finance and operations to analyze individual branches’ customer activity and financial utilization to explore and act upon opportunities that drive profit. Provide leadership team with input regarding fleet management, market trends and competitive intelligence.
- Plan, coordinate and attend customer focused events throughout the workday as well as after-hours or weekends as necessary. Develop budget and monitor expenses for all promotional activities and products.
- Along with the other Strategic Management Team members, identify new branch locations (Greenfield or acquisition), develop opening strategies and establish rental fleet addition/deletion strategies that allow for maximization of profit.
- Work with Strategic Management Team to develop or acquire talent needed to allow for success.
- Other activities not listed that may or may not typically align with a sales management role.
What will you need?
- First and foremost a will to win and succeed
- Must be a driver towards success
- 5+ years in general equipment industry strongly preferred
- Strong sales leadership background with focus on the rental sales cycle
- Four year degree preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Willing to travel locally 50%+ of the time
- Willing to travel nationally as required
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to visit customer job sites and be exposed to their environments, to include, but not limited to: construction sites, industrial facilities, administrative offices, etc.
Salary & Benefits:
- Incredible team to work with
- Position is salaried plus bonus. Base Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance premiums paid 100%
- 401(k) plan with company match at 100%, up to 6% of total salary
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Company issued laptop and mobile phone
Job Type: Full-time