Rouse Services is the leader in construction equipment appraisals, used equipment sales support and fleet management analytics, specializing in the rental sector. Rouse has been serving clients in the equipment appraisal, auction, and liquidation industry for nearly 100 years. We annually appraise approximately $40 billion of equipment for the largest rental companies and construction equipment dealers in North America and Europe. We support equipment owners in their efforts to sell used equipment through the retail channel. We provide benchmarking services on rental rates, utilization, and other metrics for more than 125 rental clients.
Rouse Services has a full-time opportunity available for an Equipment Classification Expert. Work may be divided between remote and onsite at Rouse’s Beverly Hills office.
Rouse Services collects construction equipment data from owners, renters, manufacturers, and auction companies around the world. This data must be matched to Rouse’s schema, which requires correctly coding a category, subcategory, make and model. The Expert will review the collected data and classify this data using in-house tools.
The Expert will bring deep knowledge of the major equipment categories and major manufacturers in the space, plus an understanding of relevant differentiators of equipment with respect to machine options and condition. The Expert will conduct research into the range of machines, capacities, and specifications produced by individual manufacturers. Rouse Services will rely on this knowledge and research to modify and expand Rouse’s database of equipment categories and machines.
- Construction equipment expertise spanning:
- Broad range of equipment categories
- Major manufacturers and associated value proposition
- Options and attachments on equipment
- Condition and quality of machines
- 5+ years of experience in construction equipment industry
- Ability to process large amounts of information with attention to detail
- Comfort with recurring monthly timelines and shared work across teams
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Experience on a jobsite or rental yard, as an inspector, or with OEM
The employment package includes a competitive salary, health insurance, personal time off, 401(k) with matching, and parking / public transit stipend.
Interested individuals should send a resume and brief introduction to [email protected].