JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Promoting rentals and the rental concept to a specific pre-determined customer list, educating them in proper equipment applications along with technology advancements that enable greater productivity. Focusing time on customer visits, in order to promote revenue growth among those customers who fit the strategic account criteria.
COMPETENCIES LIST AND DESCRIBE:
- Develop a database of current customers, prospects, company, competitive, and project information.Use various reporting services, association contacts, and other database means to prepare for upcoming projects in the area.
- Must have good organization and time management skills for effective territory coverage.
- Meets regularly with the Strategic Account Manager to assist in past due account collection and discuss issues preventing success in growing revenue for customers on the prescribed customer list.
- Meets with appropriate product support and rental management when customer damage or service issues arise.
- Keeps a supply of sales tools including company brochures and promotional items on hand and utilizes them creatively to meet customer demands.
- Know the key personnel in surrounding dealerships and beyond to facilitate Ohio-based customers traveling to perform work outside of Ohio Cat’s territory.
- The Strategic Account Rental Representative’s focus is on growing rental revenue on the prescribed customer list, but needs to maintain an enterprise-view to promote the long-term success of Ohio Cat and its various divisions.
- The Strategic Account Rental Representative should maintain strong relationships with the other rental representatives, sales representatives, PSSRs, rental managers, and product support personnel that work with the customers on the prescribed customer list to ensure complete strategic account customer satisfaction with Ohio Cat.
College Degree Preferred or Five – Seven years industry experience with demonstrated success in penetrating larger accounts and accounts with a longer sales cycle.
The Strategic Account Rental Representative should be well-versed in maintaining long and deep customer relationships. The Strategic Account Rental Representative should have intimate knowledge of the customer’s history on the prescribed customer list as well as the key influencers and decision-makers.
Must understand construction phases, job situations, and project conditions for timing of approaching customer and rental products application suggestions.
Must be knowledgeable of entire rental fleet and be able to demonstrate equipment whenever appropriate to increase customer awareness of product offerings and product applications.
The Strategic Account Rental Representative must already possess or be willing to undergo immediate training in order to acquire advanced Excel skills in order to complete rate sheets, rfp/rfq, and perform rate analysis using Rouse data.
Must be perceived by the customer as a problem solver, handling follow-up calls and customer problems effectively, involving the Strategic Account Manager and other rental managers as necessary.
Must be easily accessible by customers and staff by mobile phone, email, and other electronic means to which the Strategic Account Rental Representative has access to in the course of conducting daily business.
Occasional overnight business travel will be required to maximize territory efficiency as well as participate in training and other company activities.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
EEO, Veterans & Disabled Employer and VEVRAA/503 Federal Contractor.