Responsible for running a profitable and efficient parts department. Will accomplish objectives through the use of proper purchasing procedures, inventory control, staff utilization, security, pricing, merchandising and advertising. The North American Parts Manager must be an investment advisor and profit producer.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements in the facility’s geographic location and:
- The Global Operating System Plays;
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Health and Safety management system standard;
- ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management system standard;
- TS 16949 Technical Specification Management and Linamar Quality Basics system standards.
- Support, Foster, Promote and Demonstrate Linamar’s Core Values and Leadership Behaviors across all business activities.
- Maintain balance between customer, employee and financial satisfaction by maximizing facility/department key performance indicators to align to Linamar’s Stepping Stool of Success Strategy.
- Support and maintain department lean initiatives as set out in LPS system requirements.o Maintain department 5S requirements.
- Possess a working knowledge of international variances in cultural and legal issues pertaining to sales.
- Responsible for supporting customers throughout North America and communicating with all international company operations.
- Prepare and administer an annual operating budget for the department. Establish and enforce a pricing policy that balances volume, customer loyalty, and the cost of doing business.
- Develop and utilize analytics to measure sales, inventory, gross margin, SG&A expenses, etc. on a daily, monthly, quarterly and annual basis to assure attainment of profit goals.
- In coordination with the field sales team, establish short- and long-term sales strategies, tracking program effectiveness through KPI metrics.
- Direct shipping and receiving efforts to ensure accurate and timely processing of in/outbound inventory.
- Hire, train, motivate, and monitor the performance of all parts department employees. Direct and schedule the activities of all department employees.
- Conduct meetings with parts department employees to discuss activities and problems of mutual interest and to develop strategies for a more efficient operation.
- Develop, enforce and monitor guidelines for working with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction. Handle all customer complaints immediately and according to the guidelines.
- Monitor and adjust inventory to minimize obsolescence and over-stock. Establish individual parts inventory levels and balance them for maximum turnover.
- Supervise stock order procedures.
- Review, revise and implement workflow process improvement, paying particular attention to parts sales, issuance of credit memos, internal shipments and purchase order matching verification.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
Academic / Educational Requirements
- Bachelor Degree
- May require a mechanical engineering degree or diploma or a trades license based on geographical requirements.
Required Skills / Experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing a full service parts operation, preferably within the construction equipment industry.
- Strong computer applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Excellent analytical skills, w/ ability to develop and implement KPI Metrics
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Excellent time management skills. Performs a variety of tasks.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- Articulate & concise communicator
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.